OLPH Sacramental Preparation 2020/2021
- Our parish offers sacramental preparation, to support and encourage parents in their role as the first teachers and models of the faith. This includes classes for Parents and Children to attend together at the church as well as scheduling dedicated study time together at home, prior to reception of the Sacraments. (Workbook and study materials included with your registration.) As with all Masses and other celebrations at this time, classes at the church will take place with all health-screening, social-distancing and other covid safety protocols in place.
- At OLPH, First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are usually offered when a child is grade 2 or older. First Communion means that this will be the first time that a child is participating “fully” in the Mass by receiving the Eucharist. Just like we begin every Mass by praying the Penitential (Act of Contrition) to prepare our hearts to receive Jesus in the Eucharist, First Reconciliation must be completed prior to First Holy Communion.
- TO REGISTER: Submit this completed form to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish by email (email@example.com ) or drop off in person at the parish office (open daily 7:30 am ? 7:30 pm) Please include a copy of your child’s BAPTISM CERTIFICATE (required) and your $30 registration fee. Workbooks for home study can be picked up at the Parish Office at time of registration or during regular hours.
- Registration fee may be paid by one of the following methods:
□ Paid $30 Cheque #______ □ Paid $30 Cash □ Paid $30 Debit/Credit Card at the office
□ Paid $30 Interac OLPH.firstname.lastname@example.org (include your child’s name and which sacrament in the msg. section)
- SELECTIONS FOR CLASS DATES & TIMES will be sent by EMAIL once your Registration Form is RECEIVED.
As you prepare your child to receive these sacraments for the first time, may this also be a special time for you – of deepening your own understanding of the Mass, and of growing in faith for the whole family!