Our parish community welcomes the opportunity to share with you the celebration of your child’s baptism. Baptism preparation is designed to:
- Welcome parents and invite them to a deeper involvement in the life of their parish community.
- Lead parents to a deeper understanding of the sacrament of baptism and of the commitment it requires of them.
- Help parents discern their readiness to celebrate their child’s baptism.
- Support and strengthen parents’ relationship with the Church.
- Prepare parents to enter into the liturgical celebration of their child’s baptism with “full conscious and active participation.”
Baptism Preparation is a pre-requisite for all parents seeking to baptize their children. (Both Mother and Father must participate, and Godparents are also encouraged.) Please contact the parish office two to three months prior to the baptism of your child.
Baptism Preparation Classes
Second Tuesday of the Month
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. in the Church
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
Third and Fourth Sundays of the Month at 2:30 pm in the church
Pre-registration and all other covid-19 safety protocols in place
- September 19
- September 26
- October 17
- October 24
- November 21
- November 28
- December 19
- December 26
For more information please call the Parish Office at 780-467-5470 or email email@example.com
Download the application form here: Baptism Form
The documents we need with your form are as follows:
* A copy of the child’s birth certificate
* Proof of baptism of one of the child’s parents, such as a baptism certificate or a confirmation certificate
* Proof of baptism of one of the child’s godparents, again such as a baptism certificate or a confirmation certificate. (You only need one godparent/sponsor, a practising Catholic; you may have two godparents – one male and one female – the second should be baptized Christian but does not have to be Catholic, that sponsor we call a Christian witness.)
* You can scan the documents and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll print them out here and attach them to the application for baptism form.
* Please note the celebrations will be livestreamed at olph.ca/video
Along with the pre-registration of those attending the celebration, other covid safety protocols we have in place include: physical distancing in the pews, health screening at the entrance, single entrance and exit doors, hand-cleaning and face masks required. For the rite of Baptism, at this time it is “non-contact” ie: Father uses a q-tip to anoint the children with the sacred oils and pours the Holy Water from a pitcher (the font is empty)