Our parish community welcomes the opportunity to share with you the celebration of your child’s baptism. Baptism preparation is designed to:
- Welcome parents and invite them to a deeper involvement in the life of their parish community.
- Lead parents to a deeper understanding of the sacrament of baptism and of the commitment it requires of them.
- Help parents discern their readiness to celebrate their child’s baptism.
- Support and strengthen parents’ relationship with the Church.
- Prepare parents to enter into the liturgical celebration of their child’s baptism with “full conscious and active participation.”
Baptism Preparation is a pre-requisite for all parents seeking to baptize their children. (Both Mother and Father must participate, and Godparents are also encouraged.) Please contact the parish office two to three months prior to the baptism of your child.
Baptism Preparation Classes
Second Tuesday of the Month (except during Lent)
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. in the Church
- August 9
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
- December 13
Third and Fourth Sundays of the Month (except during Lent) at 2:30 pm in the church
- July 17 & 24
- August 21 & 28
- September 18 & 25
- October 16 & 23
- November 20 & 27
- December 18 only
For more information please call the Parish Office at 780-467-5470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the application form here: Baptism Form
The documents we need with your form are as follows:
* A copy of the child’s birth certificate
* Proof of baptism of one of the child’s parents, such as a baptism certificate or a confirmation certificate
* Proof of baptism of one of the child’s godparents, again such as a baptism certificate or a confirmation certificate. (You only need one godparent/sponsor, a practising Catholic; you may have two godparents – one male and one female – the second should be baptized Christian but does not have to be Catholic, that sponsor we call a Christian witness.)
* You can scan the documents and email them to us at email@example.com. We’ll print them out here and attach them to the application for baptism form.
* Please note the celebrations will be livestreamed at olph.ca/video