- Our parish offers sacramental preparation, to support and encourage parents in their role as the first teachers and models of the faith. This includes classes for Parents and Children to attend together at the church as well as scheduling dedicated study time together at home, prior to reception of the Sacraments. (Workbook and study materials included with your registration.) As with all Masses and other celebrations at this time, classes at the church will take place with all health-screening, social-distancing and other covid safety protocols in place.
- At OLPH, First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are usually offered when a child is grade 2 or older. First Communion means that this will be the first time that a child is participating “fully” in the Mass by receiving the Eucharist. Just like we begin every Mass by praying the Penitential (Act of Contrition) to prepare our hearts to receive Jesus in the Eucharist, First Reconciliation must be completed prior to First Holy Communion.
- TO REGISTER: Submit this completed form to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or drop off in person at the parish office (open daily 7:30 am ? 7:30 pm) Please include a copy of your child’s BAPTISM CERTIFICATE (required) and your $30 registration fee. Workbooks for home study can be picked up at the Parish Office at time of registration or during regular hours.
- Registration fee may be paid by one of the following methods:
□ Paid $30 Cheque #______ □ Paid $30 Cash □ Paid $30 Debit/Credit Card at the office
□ Paid $30 Interac OLPH.email@example.com (include your child’s name and which sacrament in the msg. section)
- SELECTIONS FOR CLASS DATES & TIMES will be sent by EMAIL once your Registration Form is RECEIVED.
Fall 2021 Session (More details to be Confirmed)
Deadline to Register Sept 17
Orientation Meeting #1 for Parents Week of Sept 19-25
Reconciliation Retreat for Children & Parents Saturday October 16
First Reconciliation Celebration (at the church)Saturday October 23 at 11:30 am
Orientation Meeting #2 for Parents Week of Oct 25-30
First Communion Retreat for Children & Parents Saturday Nov 20
First Communion Teaching Mass & Practice (at the Church) Choice of Monday Nov 22 or Wednesday Nov 24 at 6:15 pm
First Holy Communion Masses November 27 and 28