Click here to print: 2022/2023 Confirmation Class Registration Form
A person is welcomed into the Catholic Church through the three Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism makes you a member of the Church, the Eucharist feeds and strengthens you, and Confirmation helps you to be a witness to your faith. At OLPH Confirmation is usually celebrated when a child is in Grade 6 or older. Through this sacrament God pours out the Holy Spirit to strengthen us with His gifts and anoints us to be more like Christ
Our parish offers sacramental preparation, to support and encourage parents in their role as the first teachers and models of the faith. This includes classes for Parents (or sponsors) and Children to attend together at the church as well as scheduling dedicated study time together at home, prior to reception of the Sacraments.
TO REGISTER 2022/2023:
- Confirmation Preparation is open to children grade 6 and older. Sacramental preparation for children grades 6-8 includes both family home study and catechism classes here at OLPH parish. A separate program is run for older students attending Archbishop Jordan High School.
- Registration MUST include a copy of your child’s BAPTISM CERTIFICATE and your $30 registration fee for workbooks and class materials. Registration fee may be paid by one of the following methods: □ Paid $30 Debit/Credit Card at the office □ Paid $30 Cash □Paid $30 Cheque #_______ □ Paid $30 InteracOLPH.firstname.lastname@example.org (include your child’s name and “Confirmation” in the message section)
- This year, OLPH will be offering more options for Confirmation Preparation with a session each semester during the 2022/2023 school year. Choose the session that will work best for your family to participate fully and actively. See Back Page for Class Dates and Times. Space is limited and pre-registration is required
- Dates and times for Confirmation Mass celebrations TO BE ANNOUNCED pending Archbishop’s schedule.
- In addition to this class sign-up, the Edmonton Archdiocese Confirmation Registration Form must also be submitted prior to the sacrament. Download and complete the registration form here OR pick up a copy at the parish office.
- Submit completed forms to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish by email email@example.com OR drop off in person at the parish office (open daily 7:30 am – 7:30 pm)
- Any questions contact: Natalie Lavigne, OLPH Pastoral Assistant by phone 780-467-5470 (ext 225) or email firstname.lastname@example.org