Update September 24, 2021
Update September 16, 2021
Alberta has declared a state of public health emergency. New PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY rules take precedence over all previous guidance. Here are the changes that directly impact OLPH Parish:
Places of Worship Mandatory restriction – Effective September 16
- Capacity limited to 1/3 fire code occupancy.
- Masks are mandatory.
- 2 m physical distancing between households, or 2 close contacts for those living alone.
- Pre-registration will be required again to attend Sunday Masses only. Sign up at www.olph.ca. MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS please continue to sign up for ALL Masses.
Wedding, Funerals and Baptisms Mandatory restriction – Effective September 20
- Indoor wedding ceremonies and funeral services are permitted with up to 50 people or 50% of fire code occupancy, whichever is less.
- Indoor wedding and funeral receptions are prohibited, unless the hosting facility implements the restrictions exemption program.
Archdiocesan Guidelines on Social Gatherings
- No social gatherings are permitted in parish halls and facilities.
- In-person meetings and faith-based meetings, which are not social gatherings, are allowed to continue with attendance limited to one third of the room’s fire code occupancy, i.e. council meetings, RCIA, sacrament preparation, support groups, etc.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
Update Effective July 1, 2021
We’ve prepared this video to help you know what to expect as we return to publicly celebrated Mass at OLPH. Please call the parish 780-467-5470 or email email@example.com with any questions. Note: the video is silent except for the section with Father Paul Cavanaugh reviewing the steps for communion.
*When unable to come to the church to receive the Eucharist, we can make a Spiritual Communion. This is a prayer in which we ask our Lord to come to us in the same way He would if we were able to receive the Sacrament.
I believe that You are truly present in the Holy Eucharist.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there,
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen
St. Alphonsus Liguori (A.D. 1696-1787)
Please join with us in prayer for a rapid end to the COVID-19 virus. May God grant healing to those who are ill, and eternal rest to those who have died. May the Lord’s blessing come upon our medical professionals and civic authorities, who continue to strive with enormous effort and great skill to keep all of us safe.
Please check back regularly for updates as things transpire. God’s blessings to all and thank you for your patience during this challenging time in our community and our world.